A Personalized Contraception Platform for Women and Providers: Project UChoose
The objective of Project UChoose is to develop novel long-acting contraceptive products that, in addition to being safe and highly effective, reduce side effects and improve health benefits with a focus on versality and convenience. Building on existing collaborations with private sector entities and organizations in developing countries, these activities include:
- Studying the impact of selected widely-used and highly-effective contraceptives on the female reproductive tract (The UMPALA Clinical Research Study)
- Long-acting contraceptive development of a biodegradable, subdermal pellet implantable system for personalized contraception with reduced side effects
- Development of a human centered design-driven implant inserter device for safe, easy and rapid use by minimally trained healthcare providers in busy clinics
- Technology innovation incubator for assessing feasibility of novel, next- contraceptive delivery concepts
- Strengthening clinical endpoint research and human centered design capacity among local researchers in Sub-Saharan Africa
This program is made possible by the generous support of the American People through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provided through cooperative agreement number 7200AA20CA00019. The contents of this page are the sole responsibility of CONRAD and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.