CONRAD's overall goal is to improve reproductive health, especially in developing countries. Our main objective is to help develop safe, acceptable, affordable products and methods that provide contraception and/or prevent the sexual transmission of HIV/AIDS and other infections.
We accomplish this by:
- Nurturing promising research in institutions worldwide
- Engaging in preclinical research
- Conducting clinical trials
- Partnering with private industry to get new products on the market
- Collaborating with other agencies, foundations, and non-governmental organizations
- Training investigators throughout the world in preclinical and clinical research techniques